The Twenty-Five Club Turns 75
In 2014 The Twenty-Five Club will celebrate its 75 anniversary. Since its inception in 1939, The Twenty Five Club has supported newborn medicine, neonatal research, and fetal interventions at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC and the Magee-Womens Research Institute.
The generous support of The Twenty-Five Club has led to breakthroughs that have impacted the health of babies locally and world-wide. Among their contributions:
• Provided comfort items for babies born with an inherited addiction to drugs
• Supported crucial research projects in the field of newborn medicine
• Provided important resources for the more than 1,700 babies who stay in Magee’s NICU each year
• Helped position Magee as one of 12 hospitals in the country to offer fetal intervention, including in utero surgery for Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome and Spina Bifida
• Created The Twenty-Five Club Endowed Chair in Newborn Medicine
Join us to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Twenty-Five Club honoring Charles "Corky" and Frances Cost!
The Cradle Will Rock: A Platinum Affair
A black-tie gala to benefit pre-natal and neonatal research and clinical care at Magee.
Saturday, Nov. 1, Omni William Penn Hotel, 17th Floor Ballroom
VIP reception: 6 p.m.
Cocktail reception: 7 p.m.
Dinner: 8 p.m.
Ticket cost: $250
Dinner will be followed by dessert and dancing. Music will be provided by the Bobby Nicholas Band and a silent auction will feature one-of-a-kind hand painted chairs created by local artists.
For more information about the event or to reserve your seat, call Debbie Barbarita at
Meet The Twenty-Five Club
Dani Jo McClane