The Twenty-Five Club Turns 75
In 2014 The Twenty-Five Club will celebrate its 75 anniversary. Since its inception in 1939, The Twenty Five Club has supported newborn medicine, neonatal research, and fetal interventions at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC and the Magee-Womens Research Institute.
The generous support of The Twenty-Five Club has led to breakthroughs that have impacted the health of babies locally and world-wide. Among their contributions:
• Provided comfort items for babies born with an inherited addiction to drugs
• Supported crucial research projects in the field of newborn medicine
• Provided important resources for the more than 1,700 babies who stay in Magee’s NICU each year
• Helped position Magee as one of 12 hospitals in the country to offer fetal intervention, including in utero surgery for Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome and Spina Bifida
• Created The Twenty-Five Club Endowed Chair in Newborn Medicine
Save-the-date for the Twenty-Five Club’s 75th anniversary celebration!
Saturday, Nov. 1
Omni William Penn Hotel, 17th Floor Ballroom
Additional details to follow.
Meet The Twenty-Five Club
Susan Fitzsimmons, President
Dani Jo McClane