The Magee Society — Join Today!
The Magee Society consists of an elite group of donors who are passionate about providing support to advance Magee-Womens medical care and research on women’s health issues.
The society is named for Christopher Magee who established a tradition of health care philanthropy out of his desire to see that all women, regardless of ability to pay, had access to adequate medical care. In 1911, the Elizabeth Steel Magee Hospital was dedicated in memory of Mr. Magee’s mother.
Through a leadership gift of $500 or more annually to Magee-Womens Foundation, you too, can be included in Mr. Magee’s tradition of generosity.
Want to be “in-the-know” when it comes to the newest, exciting advances at Magee-Womens Hospital and Magee-Womens Research Institute? Join the Magee Society today!
Membership benefits include invitations to special events (including the Magee Centennial Celebration where Magee Society members will be recognized), priority communications on research breakthroughs, and most importantly the satisfaction of knowing that your gift will improve the future of women’s health care.
- Founder’s Circle: Annual gifts of $10,000 or more
- Trustee: Annual gifts of $5,000-$9,999
- President: Annual gifts of $2,500-$4,999
- Benefactor: Annual gifts of $1,000-$2,499
- Humanitarian: Annual gifts of $500-$999
Making a Difference
Patient care needs that have been met through leadership gifts include:
- Equipment, including new bassinets, incubators, and laser equipment to perform special in-utero procedures
- Emergency infant car seats for parents who arrive at discharge with an outdated car seat or none at all
- Special services for women with disabilities to ease their access to medical services
- Transportation vouchers so cancer patients can get their chemotherapy treatments
Cutting-edge research initiatives funded through leadership gifts include:
- Exploring the link between endometriosis and ovarian cancer that is advancing progress toward a vaccine that could save the lives of countless women
- Discovering fertility preservation options for women, girls, men, and boys, before undergoing treatments for illnesses such as cancer, enabling many adults to bear their own children
- Investigating key pregnancy-related complications that have implications for babies’ and mothers’ health later in life
Leadership gifts have provided educational opportunities that include:
- Free community-based workshops that give current and former patients ongoing access to research advances and health information
- Nursing scholarships to assist front-line caregivers to continue their education, attend conferences, and maintain memberships in professional organizations, thus enhancing and updating their nursing skills
To make a leadership gift online, click here.
To learn more about Magee’s current funding needs and priorities in research, patient care, and education, contact Colleen Gaughan, director of development of Magee-Womens Foundation, at 412-641-8978 or email@example.com.